Yummy Mummy, Jennifer Garner, lands the cover for InsStyle‘s May issue. Inside the magazine, she talks about her mother, Ben, two lovely daughters, and much more.
- On cooking skills she’s learned from her mom: “She taught me to proof my yeast with a little bit of sugar. And she also taught me how to stretch a roasted chicken to make three meals. Though Ben could eat an entire chicken in one sitting.”
- On sharing household duties with Ben: “Ben will do the school run. He dresses her and does her hair. It’s pretty funny. You can always tell when he has been at it, just two random barrettes hanging in there. It’s so sweet.”
- On her daughters: “Violet has taught me to slow down and appreciate things. With Sera, I’m so sure of her sweetness as a person. She’s taught me that there’s an innate goodness in people that’s real. And it’s there from birth.”
- On getting advice from Reese on juggling family/career: “I always quiz Reese about how she does it. I feel like she does a really good job.”
- On fashion and makeup: “I never go nuts with my look. It’s easy to feel like you’ve gone into caricature territory when you do. These days I wear less makeup than earlier in my career, but I know a lot more about it now.”
- On Ben’s fashion eye: “Ben can be pretty clueless when it comes to my clothes or makeup. But when he does notice and says something, he’s so sweet that I forgive him.”
- On relaxing: “I have a glass of wine with a girlfriend. I wish I meditated, but it’s wine and chocolate. Let’s face the facts!”
Here’s more from the interview.