Halle Berry is on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar’s May issue. And inside she talks about everything from her baby girl, her hottie boyfriend, her new fragrance, and how’s she’s just a normal girl next door (yeah right on that last one, lol).
- On Obama changing things for Nahla: “Nahla will grow up in a completely different America. Obama is someone who’s more like her than not, who shares her history. Hopefully she’ll grow up in a world where it’ll be easier than I had it. I had a rough time. I was accused of stuffing the ballot box for my high school prom-queen election because they couldn’t believe the only black girl in the school won.”
- On her golf dates with Gabriel: “The only reason I learned is for love. I was like, I’m not golfing; that’s the boringest thing in the world. Then we only went a couple times and I realized, Oh, this isn’t the boringest thing in the world. It’s really fun and a good way to spend time with him.”
- On whether she’ll marry again: “No. I’m done. Also, I happened to find a person who feels done too, and he’s never even been married before. So it works.”
- On her love life: “I have a 33-year-old man. That’ll keep your mojo mojo-in’.” She also says the sexiest wardrobe is a tank top and pumps. “Any pumps! You just need length to your legs.”
- On her sexiest outfit: Tank tops and pumps. “Any pumps! You just need length to your legs.”
- On her “average” wardrobe: “I’m not the girl for superhigh fashion because I don’t have the right body. When I want to get dressed up, I’m a Roberto Cavalli girl. Also, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Calvin Klein …”
- On the value of her career vs. family: “I used to work a lot because I had nothing better to do. What I’ve learned, especially by having a baby, is that you can’t bring that stuff home anymore. For example, I was alone filming Monster’s Ball. I was married to someone else, and he wasn’t really around much. Thank God that was only a 20-day shoot.”
- On maintaining her “normal” body: “Having a baby takes so much from you. It’s the most glorious thing you’ll ever do, but the aftermath is not so glorious! So now I’m having to exercise, eat a little bit differently, take a lot more vitamins.”
- On her “normal” diet: “I like Doritos. I’m usually watching The Biggest Loser eating Doritos.”
- On actresses who say they don’t workout to stay slim: “God bless them if they’re telling the truth. It’s questionable if they are. I always had to diet. I’m diabetic, so it’s a lifestyle for me anyway just to stay healthy and not end up in the hospital.”
Click here to read the interview in its entirety.